Problems using Send and Functions with 2 parameters

Ian McKnight iangmcknight at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 8 23:42:57 EDT 2006

On 09/08/06, Jim Ault <JimAultWins at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Why not do the following?
>
> insert the script of group analogClock into back
>
> Now all the scripts are in the message path and you don't need 'send' or use
> value, etc.

Ah! I have known about backscripts and frontscripts for some time but
never really understood their utility. Thanks.

> Further, write your first handler to know what to do...
> moveClockHands "random", 15,2
>
> will tell it to call the random function using 15 & 2, then move the hands

Yes, on reflection I thinks this is perhaps the best course. I was
caught up with making my initial solution work - come what may - to
the exclsion of some simplicity. Still I have learned some new tricks
along the way and received some great help in the process.

Thank you again.

--
Regards

Ian