Problems using Send and Functions with 2 parameters

Ian McKnight iangmcknight at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 8 16:58:50 EDT 2006

Hi

Thanks Dar - I revisited your suggestion for a custom command and made
the handler work.

A function seemed more appropriate to what I wanted to do as it
returned a value (thats why I had thought of using the 'get' command
to get access to the RESULT and it works) but  it's as if the send
command only accepts one or no paramenters in situations like this.

send "moveClockHands randomTime(15,2)" to group "analogClock" doesn't work

but send "moveClockHands randomTime(15)" to group "analogClock"    and
send "moveClockHands randomTime()" to group "analogClock" both work

My solution was to convert the function randomTime to a custom command
but retain its RETURN command.

This gives the following 2 stage solution

send "randomTime(15,2)" to group "analogClock"
send "moveClockHands the result" to group "analogClock"

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Regards