HTML Tag Cleaner Fails

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Tue Aug 8 15:19:50 EDT 2006

Unless I misunderstand what you are saying, setting the htmlText of a field
*should* process the (Revolution-supported) HTML in the text, otherwise
setting the htmlText of a field would not be useful.  The whole point is
being able to use the supported html tags to mark up text and then have it
displayed properly in a field.  If you look at the documentation entry for
htmlText, it is clear that this is exactly what this property is intended
to do.

If you are saying it shouldn't process unsupported HTML tags, that is
something different.  I'm not sure what it's behavior is.

I use htmlText in a project to strip out html by setting the htmlText of a
hidden field and then getting the text of that field (instead of
htmlText).  This neatly strips out the tags.  I am, however, only using the
Revolution-supported tags in my text. I don't know why it is striping out
text between  the <title> tags.