HTML Tag Cleaner Fails

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Tue Aug 8 15:18:03 EDT 2006

Dar Scott wrote:
> You are assuming that a field and htmlText has something to do with
> HTML.
>
> What do you base this assumption on?
>
> It is clear that htmlText is a view that is html-like.  There is no
> reason to expect it to process HTML when it is dumped into the property.

I think that RunTime made a bad choice in naming that property "htmlText".
If it was never intended to render the full html spec, then it should have
been named something like "taggedText". There would be no assumption that
a property named "taggedText" would render html pages. That's my two
cents.

Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>