HTML Tag Cleaner Fails

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Aug 7 20:06:16 EDT 2006

On Aug 7, 2006, at 2:27 AM, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> No, it is what I expect. My internet browser behaves exactly the same.

Actually, Dan is right.  It is bizarre!

My word processor doesn't do it.  My calculator doesn't do it.  The
IP address field in preferences doesn't do it.

A Revolution field is not a browser and it is not even an HTML
displayer.  It has a simple html-like markup view that covers the
capabilities of of the field.  Though it is similar to HTML, htmlText
doesn't even attempt to be like HTML even in little things like
representing whitespace.

The title is way outside the scope of what htmlText does.

Stripping <title> and not <foo> is bizarre.

It might be a clue that htmlText will become closer to HTML, but I
suspect it is an ancient artifact.

Dar Scott