Plugin visibility

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Aug 7 01:21:01 EDT 2006

On Aug 6, 2006, at 7:43 PM, Phil Davis wrote:

> The settings Mark mentioned are the ones I was referring to in my
> earlier response. I didn't see a message among them that tells the
> plugin when (start of session / mid-session) or how (auto / manual)
> it is being opened. I thought that's what you wanted - so the
> plugin to make up its own mind whether it should be visible or not.
> Maybe I missed what you were really asking?

I don't think I thought this out.

I wanted to tell whether started "Revolution starts up" or "Chosen
from Plugins menu", so the stack can override "invisible" for the
latter case.

But that is only because there didn't seem to be a way to select
invisible for the first and not for the latter.  It would be nice if
that was the case.

After thinking about it, I don't think I want to override those
settings.

But maybe.  After all, the tab editor does that.

Dar