Handler or function

Liam Lambert liamlambert at mac.com
Sun Aug 6 14:41:51 EDT 2006

Hi all I have am using this handler to calculate different prices
for children adults and others
The aPrice cPrice and the oPrice are different prices selected from a
fld with different prices in it
the handler works fine my question is should I this with a function
or is there a better way to do this

on fCal
   set the numberFormat to "#0.00" -- dollar format
   put field "aPrice" into theaPrice -- the selected adult price
   Put field "cPrice" into thecPrice -- the selected child price
   put fld "oPrice" into theoPrice ---other selected price
   put field "child" into theChildNumber --the number of children
   put field "adult" into theAdultNumber --the number of adults
   put fld "other" into theOtherNumber ---the number of other

   put (theChildNumber * thecPrice) into field "Childprice"-- * the
number of children by the price
   put (theAdultNumber * theaPrice) into field "Adultprice"-- * the
number of Adults by the price
   put (theOtherNumber * theoPrice) into fld "Otherprice"

   put field "Childprice" into theChildprice
   put field "Adultprice" into theAdultprice
   put fld "Otherprice" into theOtherPrice
   put theAdultprice + theChildprice + theotherPrice into field "Total"
end fCal

Thank's  Liam
IRELAND
liamlambert at mac.com