One Day Beta for Microsecond Performance Timer Plugin

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Aug 5 15:02:18 EDT 2006

I have a performance timer plugin for Windows and OS X that probably
works on other platforms.  I plan to make this available for FREE for
all versions before 1.0.  Actually, I think this will be always free,
but I thought I'd put in that caveat just in case.  (The same
functions might show up in advanced clock libraries.)

If anybody is willing to check this out and provide scathing
comments, I'd really appreciate it.

I have checked this out on my XP desktop and G4 OS X.

So I need lots of comments, especially from those on notebooks, on
computers with exotic PCI, and on other exotic environments.

My plan is to send betas today by email and then put this on my
website Sunday night.

Essentially this adds commands to start and stop a stopwatch and a
function to get the time difference in seconds.  Resolution is
typically better than a microsecond, but OS activities can make these
vary much more at times.

If you see a resolution of only 1 ms or 10 ms, let me know!

This also is a test of embedded externals and my new "darz" name
prefix.  Is "embedded external" an oxymoron?

If you test this today and make comments, you will have a great voice
in how the first release works.  And you can help me out as I learn
how to create a product family.

So send me an email, if you'd like to play with this.  The plugin is
currently about 44KB, but might shrink in a week or two.  I'll send a
demo stack, too.

FREE!

Dar Scott
Dar Scott Consulting