Studio License Renewal Cost

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Aug 5 04:50:56 EDT 2006

dreamscapesoftware.com wrote:

 > Richard Gaskin wrote:
 > > ... nor can I find anything on RunRev's site
 > > describing a subscription-based licensing model.
 >
 > The Revolution Terms (note section 5-d)
 > http://support.runrev.com/section/terms.php
 >
 > The Revolution Studio Purchase Page (note the
 > info at the bottom of the page)

https://secure.runrev.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=SDREBWLP&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=STUD&Product_Code=STUD

A search for "subscription" came up empty on both pages.

Section 5-d of the Terms is about RevOnline; I can't figure out how the
description of that optional free service could be construed to mean
that the Rev product itself will somehow no longer let you continue
developing software at the end of any sort of "subscription" period.

The Studio Purchase Page cited states it has nothing to do with upgrades
at all, that they are to be purchased separately.

I may be sleep-deprived but I'm just not seeing a "subscription" model
here.  Looks like one can buy a license to use a given version
indefinitely, and can optionally choose to buy upgrades as they like.
This is how much of the industry works.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation