Studio License Renewal Cost

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Sat Aug 5 04:22:03 EDT 2006

> I didn't realize that owning Revolution Studio meant that I am a
> hobbist.

Honestly, I would have assumed that anyone who was really disturbed by
paying $200/year for a development environment must by a hobbyist. I'm
not saying you've been stripped of your right to question the relative
release/upgrade pricing... but is $200/year really that significant of
a business expense? That's less money that 6 months of high-speed
internet.

As far as I can tell, the only possible way you could get any more for
your money would be by using REALbasic Standard and saving $150
annually, and that just doesn't ring as an equivalent value to me.

Is the pricing ratio really that important if the overall value is
unmatched?

- Brian