Studio License Renewal Cost

dreamscapesoftware.com - List list at dreamscapesoftware.com
Sat Aug 5 02:34:31 EDT 2006

Brian Yennie wrote:
> I agree with some of your points previously, but are you really saying that you can take a couple of local night school classes and suddenly become so proficient in C++ or Basic that you have no need for Revolution? C++ takes years of experience, and will never give you the kind of RAD development that you probably chose Rev for. REALBasic may be a closer analogy, but still... if it wasn't a better choice before, it's not going to become one from $200 worth of night classes. If that were the case, why not just download REALBasic and run through the tutorials with a free trial, and so on?

:)  No, I'm not saying that.  I've been programming for long enough to know that no one can become "instantly profecient".  However, I once worked for a company that paid me to fool around with ASP for 1 week and then expected me to instantly port my Shopping Cart from PHP to ASP.  I was like... are kidding me?!!!

I have played around with REALBasic in the past, but at the time Revolution (I mean MetaCard) seemed more appealing because I was already familar with HyperTalk.  REALbasic's pricing structure is looking more and more appealing now, but call me stubborn, I don't like to give up on products unless it's absolutly necessary.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
www.dreamscapesoftware.com