remove empty lines

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Thu Aug 3 06:44:57 EDT 2006

What were your results? On this machine (Mac PB 1.5mhz) I got:

10000 lines in a field with approx. 1000 randomly placed empty lines

put fld text into variable, repeat for each, place new list into fld
-- 78 millisecs
put fld text into variable, filter variable, put back into field --
72 millisecs
simply filter field -- 70 millisecs

So not a huge difference between any of them.

Best,

Mark