u3 rev application with mysql/apache

Robert Mann robmann at gp-racing.com
Wed Aug 2 15:33:11 EDT 2006

Viktoras
thanks for the help I am not having any luck getting it to work so I guess I
need to ask a few more questions. I have been using xampp for the mysql
install now that I understand that I do not need the apache is there
something else I should use? where should I place all the apps, all in one
dir or separate, here is how it is setup right now on the flash drive
rev application is in the root
mysql is in the xampp\mysql\

I also notice that if I move my flash drive to a different computer and the
drive letter changes like from l to m and I click on the mysql_start I get a
error message is there a way to correct this so that it will change to the
proper drive letter?

also this line  "-password=kristupukas shutdown"  in your code should I be
changing it to  "-password=mypassword shutdown"

is this correct from below?
on startup
put "MySQL Server 5.0\bin\mysqladmin -" & "-password=kristupukas shutdown"
into theCommand
set the hideConsoleWindows to true
get shell(theCommand)
end startup