Standalone building problem

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Apr 28 18:02:05 EDT 2006

I'm having a crash I am sure is not Rev-related, but I need to get
around it.

I have a stack I have been building as a standalone many times over the
last year. I just built the last one on Monday without any problems. I'm
using Rev 2.6.1 for this project, Mac OS 10.4.5.

The builds have gone fine until today. Today the standalone appears to
build okay, then as soon as I dismiss the confirmation dialog, Rev
crashes. At first I thought it was something with my stack, so I went
back to Monday's copy and tried that, and now it crashes too. The crash
log says something about the Window manager but I don't understand how
to read these very well so that may not be it.

Launching the newly-built app, the main window opens invisible. If I
copy the app to my Powerbook, the main window opens as it should. If I
copy the stack to my Powerbook and build a standaone there in Rev 2.6.1
it also works fine.

I tried building the standalone in 2.7 and that also seems to work. But
I don't think I want to use that build because we haven't tested the
stack at all under 2.7.

I have rebooted the Mac, repaired permissions, and reinstalled Rev 2.6.1
with no improvement.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com