[ANN] id3lib

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Fri Apr 28 10:00:21 EDT 2006

I had anticipated this :)

I think it's perfectly doable, but I think I need to understand a bit
more about some of the ins and outs - flag settings, extended headers
and so-on, before I attempt it.

The plan (and I can hear the angels laughing) is to get read support
for as many formats as possible (ID3v2.4 and m4a as priorities)
first, and then see about writing/updating.

One problem is that Apple have not published specs for their iTunes
m4a tagging scheme, so all the non-apple m4a tagging stuff out there
has been reverse engineered (for reading the commonly used frames -
title,artist,album,tracknumber,year - I've pretty much done it), so
writing these tags is going to be quite hard, I think.

Anyway, I'm just going to keep plugging away at it, and I'll announce
any updates as they come...

Best,

Mark