checkmark on submenu items

kevin trancepacific at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 17:17:37 EDT 2006

Does anyone know how to mark submenu items with checkmarks? It seems
that when I use the following code on an item that I know is part of a
cascading menu, it takes that menu out of the submenu and puts it into
the main menu:

put "!cSubmenu Item" into menuItem 2 of button "File"

I realize that the "!c" should be appended to the beginning of the item
to yield the "check" but am stumped on how to implement this on a
submenu. The Rev User Guide seems to indicate that this may not be
possible but its not clear to me.

Many thanks!!

Kevin