Turn Off Double-Entry?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Apr 26 20:22:30 EDT 2006

Recently, Dave Cragg wrote:

> I'm
> probably on your side on this one, but sometimes there is an
> advantage to the double-entry feature. I've got one of those sleek
> Apple edgeless keyboards, and I keep hitting the Enter key with my
> elbow when I reach for the phone. At those times, the double-entry
> feature usually leaves the script window open. (Yes, I know. I should
> move the phone.)

Well, I have appreciated all the points of view on the script editor (plus
quick echo of appreciation for all Dave's libURL work).  It's apparent that
there's no single way folks prefer to work (does this ring a bell with Jerry
Daniels, maker of Constellation?).

At the risk of continuing debate on the topic, I'll just throw out there
that the Flash ActionScript editor has no apply/entry whatsoever: when
you've finished typing the script, that's it, it doesn't close, move or
otherwise go away, it's basically like a static palette that stores text.
AFAIK, the editing window is passive you have to manually check the code
with a buttonpress, or run your movie and wait for the IDE to return any
errors.  Took me a while to get used to it, but in a way it's kind of
refreshing, and it behaves consistently.

With Rev, I feel like I have to keep track of whether or not I edited the
script because the window will behave differently depending on this fact.
Doesn't seem like effective design to me, but hey, that's just me (and
anyway now there's a fix for me, thanks to Geoff C.)

So, like the hundreds of cliché politicians before me have said, "Let's
celebrate our differences and learn to work together!"

*gag*

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director