Turn Off Double-Entry?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Apr 26 16:37:25 EDT 2006

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>> This one is a known, and intentional, escape procedure. It happens
>>> when there is a bug in a script that is called from your debugging
>>> script, such as one in a library or backscript. If there is a bug in
>>> there, the engine will go into an infinite loop (which is what happens
>>> in the MC IDE, and you have to force-quit.)
>>
>> Please send details to either me or the MC list, and I'll address it
>> ASAP.  I don't use the debugger much myself, but cleaning it up and
>> enhancing it might get me to do so. :)
>
> My first reaction is to pick my jaw up off the floor. How can you not
> use the debugger much? I *live* in the debugger! Who can program without
> a debugger?

I write perfect code? :)

> You are making more work for yourself, I think.

I've been using some internal debugging and logging tools, so I've not
been without debugging, heavens no.  I just haven't used MC's in a while.

In most cases all I need to to know which line is causing the problem.
It's usually just a typo, so those are easy to fix.  Making changes to
data structures and properties is where things get harrier in the stuff
I've been working on, but logging tools have helped me not only debug
those but also measure the time they're spending so I can optimize them.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal