Converting a RunRev App to a Web-Based App?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Apr 26 14:16:35 EDT 2006

Mark Wieder wrote:
> Wednesday, April 26, 2006, 7:50:54 AM, you wrote:
>> I've just had an enquiry about an application I developed in RunRev a
>> while back. It's basically a small database that contains small
>> images, a 2D size and a product code. They would like to convert this
>> to a web based application. How easy/difficult would it be to convert
>> the existing app to run as a web-based app?
>
> Would something like this do the trick?
>
> http://www.fourthworld.com/products/webmerge/index.html

I appreciate the plug, Mark, but in this case I'm not sure it's a good fit.

WebMerge is a handy way to quickly publish static web pages (I recently
sold a 10-pack to the US Library of Congress), but a true web
application will likely need a live database connection for writes, and
that's beyond the scope of what WebMerge handles.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation