cgi & MySQL

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 26 14:08:03 EDT 2006

--- David Brooks <dbrooks at unlserve.unl.edu> wrote:
> We are using the two-year-old cgi engine and trying
> to manipulate
> MySQL databases with revExecuteSQL and
> revOpenDatabase. Presumably we
> need to find a stack to 'start using' that empowers
> these two
> functions. Does anyone know which stack it is?
> Where can we get a
> copy??

Hi David,

Which platform does the cgi engine need to run on? The
setup for MacOSX is not straightforward - though you
should check the runrev.com forums for more
information on that.
If it's a Linux-based server, the revdb externals
should be compiled into the cgi-engine, but you may
have to tweak things a bit for it to find the database
drivers.

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>