Converting a RunRev App to a Web-Based App?

David Brooks dbrooks at unlserve.unl.edu
Wed Apr 26 12:07:38 EDT 2006

> What kind of database is your app using right now?

MySQL under Mac OS 10.4.

> Stack, text, SQL or other?  Also, what kind of environment will
> your web-based app run under?  Will this be a generally available
> application that requires authentication or will the data that the
> web-based app accesses be available to anyone who wants it?

It's a demonstration program. After last year at RevCon, I started
doing all of my work in xml-like text files. My students, on the
other hand, are using MySQL. We're actually trying to learn how to
take form data and dump it into MySQL through a cgi. We have this
running very effectively from stacks (based upon a stack from Sarah
Reichelt's site.)

Doe this make sense?

Best,

Dave B.