[ANN]: Image-Filter Demo

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Wed Apr 26 06:02:13 EDT 2006

On Tue Apr 25, Derek Bump (dreamscapesoftware.com - List list at
dreamscapesoftware.com) wrote:

> Wilhelm Sanke wrote:
>
>>   To eliminate the color shift when using the DLL, I added
>> correctional "filters" to that script. Execution time is about 2.5
>> seconds, so it is indeed "usable". As Chipp informed me, a new DLL
>> with much extended features is in the works, but not yet ready for
>> release at the moment.
>

> In June I released a fixed version of the Convolve external that
> removes the color shift in newer versions of MetaCard and Revolution.
>
> You can download it at www.dreamscapesoftware.com/products/
>
> It's free and the source should be included with it.
>
> Derek Bump
> Dreamscape Software
> www.dreamscapesoftware.com

Thanks for the information; works like a charm.

We were indeed intending to ask on the lists if such improvements were
already available.

Some further questions in this context:

- Are there more tested and useful examples for filter matrix settings
available?

- Could such a DLL as "convolve3.dll" be extended to work with larger
matrices (5X5 etc.) ?

- Would it be possible to produce a DLL to support the use of 8FB-filter
files (Photoshop plugins) inside Revolution?

Best regards,

Wilhelm Sanke
<www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>