Reporting fatal error bugs

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Apr 25 21:26:22 EDT 2006

Hi Dave and everybody who struggles with error handling,

Earlier tonight, I started writing an e-mail to ask you more about
the error messages you received, but since you have already solved
the issue, I'll have to re-write my message before I send it.

When Windows reports a fatal error, I suppose there is little to do
about it, other than to insist that your users/customers try harder
to find the cause of the problem. If it is Revolution that reports
the error, you might want to have more options to collect debugging
information.

Recently, a fellow-developer asked me to write a library to deal with
execution errors. I have written a library, which I call errorLib,
that parses the error information and shows this in a dialog window.
The user can copy the information and paste it into an e-mail, for
instance. In the IDE, it lets you open and edit a script, just like
Revolution's built-in error handling features do, but without the
danger of getting trapped by the revErrorDisplay stack. You can also
write errors to alog file for further analyses. The library comes
with detailed documentation.

I would appreciate to receive some feedback. It would be very useful
to know which features other Revolution developers would like to see.
Contact me off-list if you would like to test a trial version of my
ErrorLib.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Salery is the easiest way to set up your own web store: http://
www.salery.biz/salery.html

Op 6-apr-2006, om 18:05 heeft David Beck het volgende geschreven: