problem found (was Re: Reporting fatal error bugs)

Dave Beck dave at crystalpiersw.com
Tue Apr 25 14:27:42 EDT 2006

First of all sorry about the recent re-post of the last message in this
thread. It was sent from a different address weeks ago and it must have just
got through moderator approval today.

In any event I just wanted to let the list know that I believe I identified
at least one of the major issues that was causing these very common fatal
errors in the standalone. The problem was related to launching a program via
the "launch" command. The program was a "launcher" program that actually
just opened up another file and then quit. However, once a few instances of
this program were launched Rev would fatal quit. I have crash logs and the
problem is more or less consistently reproducible even in the development
environment, so I guess the next step is to bugzilla it and see if it gets
fixed? For now I found that using the shell function to launch the program
instead of the launch command seems to fix the problem.

Thanks for everybody's input on this matter.

Dave