Change HilitedColor of Text?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Apr 21 20:32:04 EDT 2006

> Hello List:
>
> Using a list field with white text on Windows, I noticed that the text of a
> line darkens when selected -- looks like the backcolor of the field is used
> to draw the text on the selected line.  On Mac OS, the text color of any
> selected line stays white.  Is there any property that can be set to change
> the text color of a hilited line on Mac OS, to be more in sync with Windows?

The only way I know if is this:

-- field script
on mouseDown
  resetText
  if the clickText <> "" then
    put the hilitedLines of me into hLines
    repeat with x = 1 to the number of items of hLines
      set the foregroundColor of line (item x of hLines) of me to black
    end repeat
  else
    set the hilitedLines of me to ""
  end if
end mouseDown

on resetText
  set the foregroundColor of line 1 to \
    (the number of lines of me) of me to white
end resetText

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software