How to change the resoultion of machine

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 18:16:38 EDT 2006

> Is there any way so that one can change the resolution of the machine to
> 800 * 600 by using some rev function ?
> And then after reset the resolution to the previous settings.
>
> And the same thing, I would like to do for sounds. Is there any way to
> control the volume ?

What operating system are you using? For Macs, you can set the system
volume using AppleScript. In Mac OS 9 or earlier, you can also set the
screen res using AppleScript although I think it requires Jon's
Commands scripting addition. FOr OS X, you can use the shell command
cscreen to change resolution.

Sarah