Making custom skins for your app

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Fri Apr 21 15:12:27 EDT 2006

<my .02>

I strongly recommend Fireworks over Photoshop for GUI creation.

top 3 reasons:

1. Fireworks has frames - very convenient way to set up different
layer on/off combos for different cards, over/down states. etc.

2. object-oriented, not layer - you can click and drag something to
move it

3. easy reusable styles

I used Photoshop for many years, switched to Fireworks, now 1000%
happier!

</my .02>