test.gz problem

Alex Shaw alex at harryscollar.com
Fri Apr 21 09:10:15 EDT 2006

chipp:
> As you know, test.gz refers to a gzipped file. Are you gzipping anything?

yes, but have double checked code for any "test.gz" refs & none have
appeared.

david:
> This file is created either by altSQLite directly or by the demo stack.
> In zipped form its contents are:
> 1f 8b 08 00 00 00 00 00  00 03 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
> and unzipped it is empty. I assumed it was part of your licencing.
>
> Nothing else created it.

hm.. mine is 46 bytes

1Fh,8Bh,08h,00h,00h,00h,00h,00h,00h,0Bh,4Bh,CDh,4Dh,CCh,CCh,71h
28h,4Fh,4Ch,D7h,CBh,48h,2Ch,2Ah,AAh,2Ch,4Eh,CEh,CFh,C9h,49h,2Ch
D2h,4Bh,CEh,CFh,05h,00h,E7h,C9h,23h,6Ah,1Ah,00h,00h,00h

Deleting it seems to do no harm to the app.

I just confirmed (windows-only) that it does not happen when i load the
either the demo stack or my apps stack into the revolution ide.. no
"test.gz" on harddrive anywhere but it appears only from the standalone.

It's created straight after the initial database connection code line.

klaus:
> but version 2 of altSQLite did, even on a mac!

yes, I am using version 2 of altSQLite. Does this mean I just have to
convert it over to version 3? Can anyone confirm this?

regards
alex