My Student's Problem

Phil Davis davis.phil at comcast.net
Fri Apr 21 02:21:01 EDT 2006

Hi Judy,

Alternate solution: To make sure I'm not creating unintended
consequences and with 'wait' statements, I tend to let messages tell my
commands when to fire if possible.

So your student could use something like this to move to card 2 after
the movie finishes:

on openStack
   play videoclip "lab2intro.mov"
end openStack

on playStopped
   go cd 2
end playStopped

This way he doesn't need to know how long the movie is.

Phil Davis