Mysterious Processor Use?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Apr 20 22:36:36 EDT 2006

Scott Rossi wrote:
> I'm pretty sure I've seen references to this before but I'll ask anyway...
>
> I'm looking at the activity monitor on my system and it says Revolution is
> using about 30% of the processor, yet there is no apparent activity taking
> place (pendingmessages is empty).  Even after suspending the development
> environment, the activity is present (5 threads).
>
> What is Rev doing here?

Hm. I've got two different versions of Rev running right now, along with
a third copy of MetaCard. Each app has at least one stack open (though
none send any messages.) Activity monitor shows them all at 0% CPU usage.

When you look at the pending messages in the message box, did you tick
the checkbox that says to show Revolution messages? And the one that
auto-updates?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com