databases [was: Re: Ruby Active Record]

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Thu Apr 20 21:42:52 EDT 2006

These non-profits could still be customers of an ISP that includes
unlimited MySQL databases, as most good ones (like Dreamhost) do
these days. Obviously the ISPs have worked out the licensing with
MySQL.org. Dreamhost is offering MySQL 5 these days. $20/month isn't
much to ask, even for a nonprofit.

A dedicated MYSQL server is way overkill when you only need a few
databases. As the developer, you could even sub-let space.

--
stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o