contextual menus on Windows - can't select items with left mouse button

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 22:29:46 EDT 2006

> I'm popping up contextual menus in a mouseDown handler – like so...
>
> (much simplified)
>
> on mouseDown theButton
>      if theButton = 3 then
>          displayContextualMenu
>      end if
> end mouseDown
>
> on displayContextualMenu
>      popup btn "myContextualMenu" of stack "myMenus"
> end displayContextualMenu
>
> ...this works as expected, the menu pops up and you can select an item
> - well sort of, clicking the left mouse button has no effect whereas if
> you click the right mouse button the menuPick handler in the button is
> triggered and the handler proceeds.

Hi Terry,

I'm guessing that you want to use only right mouse button to get to
the popup? Because the "if theButton = 3 then" line restricts this to
right button only.

However if the problem is in the popup itself, check the
menuMouseButton property. I think it is best to set this to 0 in order
to get any button to work.

HTH,
Sarah