[OT] Cringely on BootCamp's future

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Wed Apr 19 15:24:57 EDT 2006

Here, in the UK, the Apple Store offers that machine for 599 UKP,
which currently is 1073 USD, 911 without UK tax. The US Apple Store
offers it for 799 USD, so it would seem that Apple are charging UK
customers a premium of 112 USD. We brits have complained about this
for years, but to no avail.

I find it hard to believe that Apple are charging Brazilian customers
a 521 USD premium, but you never know with Apple. Maybe they figure
that only rich Brazilians can afford one anyway, and since rich
Brazilians tend to be really, really rich, they might as well really
stick it to 'em.

:(

Mark