[OT] Cringely on BootCamp's future

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Wed Apr 19 15:00:19 EDT 2006

On comparing the 'Mac Experience' to Linux on an Intel box on price
alone -- I can't believe some of the pros here can't tell the
difference. And yes, UBUNTU is very good these days. Looks ok on a
Mac.

But for me, it's not only the OS, but the quality of the hardware
(not the lowest bidder). I don't have to screw with it to make it
work, and it doesn't crash. For the most part, it all fits together,
IMHO.

As far as price of Macs in Brazil; I'm sure that Brazil imposes
severe tariffs placed on computers from the USA, and I think that the
Brazil PC 'manufacturers' would get quite an advantage - even though
made from parts from 'over there'.

Hell, I don't want to start a platform war on this list  - the thing
is that Rev brings us together - and platform wars are boring and
stupid.

sqb

--
stephen barncard