HTML Tables

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Wed Apr 19 05:20:31 EDT 2006

Hey that's pretty darned good for off the top of your head! I make two
changes. One is an adjustment to the regular expression to account for
spaces before the < and after the > (so there is no junk around the tabs),
and one is to fix a syntax error. (I hope I did it right, I'm not super
familiar with regex's.)

Brian Yennie wrote

> ## get source from a field
> put fld "htmlSource" into tHTML
>
> ## translate end of row to end of line
> replace "</tr>" with return in tHTML
>
> ## translate end of column to tab
> replace "</td>" with tab in tHTML
>
> ## delete all the rest of the html tags
put replaceText(tHTML, "\ *<[a-zA-Z/]+[^>]*>\ *", empty) into tHTML

> ## remove trailing tabs and trailing return
replace tab&return with return in tHTML