[OT] Cringely on BootCamp's future

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Apr 18 21:44:47 EDT 2006

Chipp Walters wrote:
> Spoke too quick. Turns out the Mac Mini I was referring to was not a
> Core Duo but Core Solo. Bummer. So, now a 1.66Ghz, 1GB memory, 100Gb
> hard drive MacMini costs $959 (without tax). Add a OEM version of WinXP
> Home and you're up over $1000. I can get way much more down at the
> CompUSA for way less.

Or blow off both OS vendors and cut the price in half by getting just
about any Linux pre-installed system.

> Bummer, for a second I thought Apple had a product
> reasonably priced.

On what planet?

They didn't get the highest margins in the industry with the most highly
compensated CEO by looking out for the customers' bottom line. ;)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation