Does revCopyFile delete existing files of the same name?

Howard Bornstein howard.bornstein at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 14:05:55 EDT 2006

I'm using revCopyFile to backup some files but if the file already
exists in the destination folder, revCopyFile (and revCopyFolder, it
turns out) returns an execution error. Has anyone been able to make
this work without using something else like a shell script?

Bug 2298 says:

----- Additional Comment #3 From Kevin Miller 2005-06-05 16:11 -------
For 2.6 now attempts to delete destination file if it exists before
copying.  Please verify this fixes the bug as I don't have a
reproducible recipe to test against.

As far as I can tell, it does NOT delete the detination file. It just
returns an error message. Do I need to re-bugzilla this? (I'm
currently using V2.6.5)

--
Regards,

Howard Bornstein