XML on a Mac doesn't handle <![CDATA[]]>?

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Tue Apr 18 11:35:00 EDT 2006

I have a XML file that contains the following:

<Text>Gelatin desserts, such as JELL-O<![CDATA[<sup>®</sup>]]>, will
not become firm and jelly-like if prepared with fresh pineapple.  However,
this problem can be solved by using canned pineapple instead.  Using your
knowledge of enzymes, explain these two different reactions.</Text>

I use the <![CDATA[]]> to encapsulate entities that the Rev XML library
doesn't support, and to include the HTML superscript.  This works fine on
Windows, but on the Mac, revXMLNodeContents only returns "Gelatin desserts,
such as JELL-O"

Any suggestions?  Is this a bug in the Mac XML library?

Peter T. Evensen
http://www.PetersRoadToHealth.com
314-629-5248 or 888-628-4588