BZ 2147 - non-appearing text editing cursor

Martin Blackman martinblackman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 09:37:57 EDT 2006

I'm not sure if I'm experiencing bug 2147 here (although under Windows
v2.6.1, not Mac as listed against that bug), but I have a reproducible
problem which sounds similar.

I have a group of fields laid out on screen in 5 'rows'.
The fields all have traversalon true and locktext false.
Also in that group are some buttons, but they only go down as far as
the 3rd row.
The buttons are also grouped as a subgroup of the first group.

Without fail, the cursor does not appear when clicking fields in rows
1 to 3, that is the text can be edited and deleted etc but with an
invisible cursor.  The cursor appears just fine when clicking in rows
4 and 5.

ie the problem occurs for fields overlapped by the subgroup.

Did everyone know this one already or what  ?  Obviously my workaround
is not to use a subgroup in this instance.

regds
Martin Blackman