flashing using deep mask

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Apr 18 02:41:09 EDT 2006

Recently, Peter T. Evensen wrote:

> I have a stack whose windowShape is set to the ID of a png with a
> transparent background (i.e., alpha mask).  This lets me change the mask
> without the stack window flashing; however, I now get flashing when I
> display a .png over the backgound png, and it seems I can no longer
> interact with my Quicktime movies.   It also won't let me use a unlock
> screen with visual effect dissolve to display the stack.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

I might have missed an answer to this but is the problem occurring with Rev
2.7 and if so on what platforms?

One thing that may or may not help...  The image used as the mask for the
stack doesn't need to be visible.  In fact, it doesn't need to be positioned
at the topLeft of the card.  You might try hiding/repositioning the mask PNG
and see if that makes any difference.  You might try setting the windowShape
to 0 and then reapplying the mask to see if it makes any difference.  If you
have any card/stack level scripts or library scripts in use, you should try
making a test stack that includes only the mask PNG and a test image/player
to see if it behaves the same as your "real" stack.  You might be able to
narrow down the source of the problem that way.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director