[OT] Cringely on BootCamp's future

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Apr 17 17:41:53 EDT 2006

Interesting, but you're right, Cringely often is not.

Couple serious holes, among them the fact I just bought a Sony Core Duo
laptop including 1Gb RAM, DVD read/write, integrated camera, PCMCIA slot
and slots for all other 'card media', Fire-wire, and ULTRA-BRITE display
for only $1300.

You can't touch that for under $2K from Apple. So, there's quite a
premium (> 33%) to purchase an Apple laptop just to run Windows.

best,

Chipp