Could Rev do this?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Apr 14 16:51:53 EDT 2006

Mark Swindell wrote:
> In looking for a way to remove duplicates photos from iPhoto, I find
> iPhoto Diet (free, but not up to date and partial in its
> implementation) and iView Media (50.00).  IPhoto surely should do
> this on its own, but it doesn't.
>
> So I was wondering if Rev were up to the task of being able to read
> iPhoto catalogues, determine duplicates, and get rid of them for the
> user.  If so, it would be a great utility and maybe give Rev some
> publicity.  Way over my head, but for those that knows, who knows?

Maybe not. I was thinking about the same problem here the other day, and
wile I haven't written anything yet it occurred to me that Rev's MD5
function could probably be useful:  you'd make a list of all the files,
read each file into a variable and run the variable through MD5, and
then any matching MD5 keys are likely duplicates.

Anyone here see a weakness to that crude approach?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal