Another Weird Thing??

Marielle Lange mlange at lexicall.org
Fri Apr 14 07:31:17 EDT 2006

Dave,

Check out the regular expression syntax.

| The vertical bar allows you to match one of two possible characters
or subexpressions. It serves as a logical "or".
           Ex:  (rat|mouse)  matches rat or mouse rat mouse matches
ratouse or ramouse (Get it?)

More on the basics of regular expressions syntax at: http://
revolution.widged.com/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=RegularExpressions

Best,
Marielle

> I seem to be being plagued by weirdness today! Take a look at this
> code:
>
>     set the itemDelimiter to
> ","                                                             --
> Do I need this?
>     put theMessageData into myMessageData
>     put replaceText(myMessageData,"|",",") into myMessageData
>

> When I run this and look at myMessageData before the replaceText()
> statment, it contains:
>
> "10|30|366|460|"
>
> But after the replaceText() call, myMessageData is empty!!!!!
>
> How can this be?

--------
Marielle Lange (PhD),  Psycholinguist

Alternative emails: mlange at blueyonder.co.uk,