Custom Properties

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Apr 13 16:23:52 EDT 2006

Devin-

Thursday, April 13, 2006, 8:24:33 AM, you wrote:

>> ...you only need to pass editMode if you need to set the real custom
>> property and want to query it later on.

> By 'set the real custom property' do you mean actually changing the
> custom prop's value? Wouldn't you want to go ahead and set it in most
> cases, except when you are intercepting an illegal value, for instance?

Sometimes I do, sometimes not. As a ferinstance, in your example do
you really need to query the "editMode" state later on? If not, then
you don't need to set the actual custom property - the other commands
take care of setting the visual and functional effects. Sometimes this
is all I need to do and then the setProp handler becomes a mechanism
for triggering events happening in a control.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net