Custom Properties

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 13 11:01:23 EDT 2006

To all,

What a great discussion on setProp and getProp (although getProp got
left out mostly). I've really started to grasp this.

While trying to understand the best use for me for setProp/getProp I
came across an idea or concept that I thought would be great.
I wanted to have a custom prop for each line in a field as in:
set the isAFolder of line 1 of me to "true"
Of course it did not work but I thought 'Wow' that would be useful.
I guess that some creative scripting would get similar results. (I do
that now) but in the scope of this great discussion I thought a
custom prop for each line and or word and or char would be really
great for working with fields and providing that elusive 'word
processor' attributes that keep coming up on the list.

How hard would this be? Or is it a completely 'wrong' use of custom
props?

Or am I missing something completely obvious?

Thanks to all,

Tom