Custom Properties

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 13 07:42:26 EDT 2006

Chipp,

I think I am starting to see clear distinctions here but trying to
put it into my own scheme for the use of custom props, functions and
commands is still not really happening. I mean I get what you are
saying and now if I ever make a slider group object and want to know
it's state I will certainly  use this. But I need to grasp this a bit
further to establish for myself some guides on where to use the
approach.

Thanks
Tom

On Apr 12, 2006, at 11:08 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> By using customProps, this is all made a lot simpler.
>
> The script of the button is simply:
>
> on mouseUp
>   if the altState of me is "open" then
>     set the altState of me to "closed"
>   else
>     set the altState of me to "open"
>   end if
> end mouseUp
>
> and:
>
> on openCard
>   set the altState of grp "altSlider" to "open"
> end openCard
>
> By having a setProp handler which manages all of this, it makes
> reading and writing the code much simpler.
>
> Furthermore, a correctly scripted object of this type, with the
> liberal use of 'me', allows for multiple 'objects' on the same card/
> stack level.
>
> So one could say:
>
> set the altState of grp "altSlider1" to "open"
> set the altState of grp "altSlider2" to "closed"
>
> and everything would work as planned.
> best,
>
> Chipp

Thomas J McGrath III