Custom Properties

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Apr 12 20:55:37 EDT 2006

Devin-

> The way I use it is much more pedestrian than the Marks'. For me it's

Not pedestrian at all. I just tried to post a simple example that
would do something useful. I use your technique all the time by having
an "Initialize" method in my objects, although I would have coded your
example as:

setProp editMode pMode
   set the enabled of button "Save" to pMode
   set the enabled button "TextColor" to pMode
   set the lockText of fld "myfld" to pMode
   set the traversalOn of fld "myFld" to pMode
end editMode

...you only need to pass editMode if you need to set the real custom
property and want to query it later on.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net