Deselecting a line

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Wed Apr 12 19:00:34 EDT 2006

On 13/04/2006, at 8:47, Graham Samuel wrote:

> Thanks to Klaus, Devin and Ken for their replies: both Klaus and
> Ken pointed out that I need to set the hilitedLines of the field to
> zero or empty. I hadn't realised that I was necessarily using a
> list field, but in fact I am, since I see that it means that a
> single click hilites a whole line, which is what I need for file
> selections. I simply wanted to deny the user the chance to make a
> selection in one particular instance (when they hadn't signed up to
> fully use the program). I guess I was expecting there to be an
> 'unselect' command.
>
> Anyway thanks again
>
> Graham

Graham

Am I right to read into the tone of your reply that you feel as
though the problem is unsolved, or is it just grievous disappointment
that there is no unSelect command? :-)

If the former, a mouseDown handler which zeroes the hilitedLines
property will leave only the slightest flicker while visible
selection does not happen.

regards
David