Custom Properties

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Wed Apr 12 18:41:06 EDT 2006

On 13/04/2006, at 8:11, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Now I'm curious what's the advantage, if any, of using a setProp
> handler over a standard command handler? This isn't just to you,
> Devin, but to anyone who uses these regularly.

In my instance I am already setting a property or two so using
setProp fits in. Generally, I use commands and functions to "do"
things whereas properties are about states. I have never felt very
comfortable about using a command to change a state (or collection
thereof) rather than to process information, if you go along with the
distinction.

The fact that we also use custom properties for data can distract
from their state-nature.

regards
David