Runtime Revolution Ships Revolution Media

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Wed Apr 12 10:46:49 EDT 2006

Chipp Walters <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:
> All that said, looking back, I've found these type of decisions were
> made best not in a vaccuum, but with the help of trusted advisors. At
> Human Code we had a board of directors, which met each quarter and
> frequently offered different and valuable advice utilizing other's
> experiences and perspectives, which helped me as CEO, make good
> decisions. It's unfortunate RunRev doesn't work with a board of
> advisors, as I'm sure a few past misteps in the past could've been
averted.

I fully agree with this approach. It makes for a win/win situation for
both the company as well as the established customer base. As a matter of
fact, our company utilizes a certain high-end system that is
internationally respected in the industry. Each year, a group of end-users
and management attends an event which allows us direct access to the
developers of our chosen system. The users sit down and voice their
concerns, problems, bugs, feature requests, etc. to the entire group of
developers and leaders of this company. We even vote on what is most
important, and user opinion actually carries more weight than anything
else. After all, the customer is always right. It's like bugzilla, but
without the clunky interface, and you leave the event knowing that your
votes and input have made a real difference in the direction of the
product.

Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>